Thank you for your interest in giving all children a Chance for Life. We are proud to fund research that drives new, innovative treatments for Pediatric Cancers especially in the area of pediatric neuro-oncology. At this time, the CFL LOI process has closed and will reopen in September 2020 for project requests between $100,000 and $300,000.
Please review the following funding notes and complete the below LOI questions to be included in communications regarding this application process.
Key Funding Notes:
- Focused, outcome oriented and innovative pediatric cancer research initiatives will be prioritized.
- Preference will be given to projects focused in pediatric neuro-oncology.
- Funding will be allocated to research activities taking place in the United States of America.
- Chance for Life welcomes the opportunity to be the sole source of funding.
- CFL’s evaluation process of research initiatives encourages collaborative, multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional efforts to achieve insight and innovation in the following areas:
- The basis of tumor initiation and progression,
- Novel therapeutic approaches
- Development of novel biomarkers or methodologies to predict disease progression, to enhance efforts in primary and secondary prevention and intervention
- Novel models that would enhance pre-clinical research,
- Development of more effective, less-invasive and/or less toxic treatments to improve long-term health and quality of life.